Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Love Summer Weekends

I know it's not officially summer yet, but it sure felt like it here this weekend with highs near 90!
I am in love with summer weekends. There is just something magical about them that makes me want the weekend to last forever. Here is what we did with our first "summer" weekend.

On Friday
Drake and I went to the zoo with Aunt Meg.

Drake enjoyed some music while Ben and I enjoyed a beer
and the amazing weather at a local community event.

On Saturday
On Saturday morning we headed down to the Farmers Market with our little farmer.

We even took a family picture!!! I feel like we take so many pictures of Drake, but we have only a handful as a family since he was born. I'm working on changing that this summer!!

Ben took Drake for a few hours on Saturday afternoon and I was able to get my massage that Drake and Ben got me for Mother's Day. I even had enough time to go shopping (Yay for new shorts and buy-one-get-one shirts at the Gap) and grab some lunch. Doesn't even a few hours alone rejuvenate you and make you feel like a better wife and mother?!? I sure know that is how I felt yesterday!

On Saturday night the first official driveway beer night was held across the street at our neighbors. We are lucky enough to live in a fantastic neighborhood full of young families, and when the weather warms up you can find all of us congregated in one of our driveways with our lawn chairs and beers staying up way past our bedtime talking, laughing and watching the kids play.

On Sunday
We went and got ice cream. Drake had his very own scoop of strawberry.

Drake showed off his guns in his very first sleeveless shirt!

We broke out Drake's pool for his first swim. Isn't that the smallest pool you have ever seen?
I thought it looked way bigger on the box!!

After a quick change into his swimming shirt Drake was ready to splash the afternoon away!

Yep, the signs of summer are everywhere and I'm loving it!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm a huge fan of summer weekends too! I'm pretty sure our Sprinkler has been running non-stop for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love summer weekend too & that pool is perfect for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is my fav! Love the ice cream face pic! So cute.

    ReplyDelete