Monday, May 24, 2010

I Need Your Help

Today I was looking something up on my StatCounter account (a website that keeps track of your blog traffic) when I noticed I had over 400 hits from one IP address in less than 1 day!! I'm guessing it is a spam site.

Have any of you dealt with something similar like this in the past? Advice?!?!?

A lot of the blogs I have been reading have started watermarking their photos due to people stealing photos and claiming them as their own. This was something I never had any interest in doing as I thought nobody would ever steal my photos... now I'm not so sure. I decided I will start watermarking my photos from here on out. I heard the Picnik is a great site to use for watermarking.  The other thing I would be interested in learning how do to is making my photos "unclickable", meaning people can't right click on my pictures and save them. Anybody know how do this?

Thanks for any tips you can provide on the subject!

I may be absent a bit this week as I get this all figured out, but I will be back!!

3 comments:

  1. I think that there is an issue with Statcounter in general today. Mine was almost 2 hours behind in showing stats. It was frustrating when I was trying to do something ;)

    BTW, I just realized I wasn't actually following you, though I've been reading your blog. So, new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out Picnik, and I'd love to hear about the non clickable feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie WiedersteinMay 24, 2010 at 8:41 PM

    I think you can do the non-clickable feature through Flickr...my cousin does it. Let me know if you want me to try finding out more.

    ReplyDelete