Saturday, May 21, 2011

Family Date Night at Sesame Street Live

 Last night we had the BEST family date night at Sesame Street Live!

We decided to make a whole night out of it and get a bite to eat first. We headed downtown to Fong's Pizza  and had a great meal. The restaurant is more of a bar style but Ben and I figured if we were going to be spending the rest of the evening with Elmo and friends we deserved a more "adult" style eatery!

After we finished up we headed to Wells Fargo Arena where we saw Sesame Street Live. I'm so disappointed because I forgot my camera at home, my phone was dead and all the pictures I have were taken on my husband's phone who is not home this morning. SOOOO I have no pictures.

Drake LOVED the show. He sat and smiled, and clapped, and danced and laughed the whole time. Ben and I had the best time watching his reaction!

The show lasted about 1 1/2 hours with a 15 minute intermission. PERFECT amount of time for a almost 2 year old. We also did not leave the show empty handed. We picked up the cutest 8-piece Sesame Street  figure playset and a Elmo balloon (when did balloons start costing $10.00?!?!?). We also had to have a snack of popcorn and M&M's to keep everybody (Ben and Drake) happy during the performance

Overall the night was perfect and a memory I will never forget. Thanks Iowa Events Center for asking us to be your guests!

Please note-I was provided with 3 free tickets to Sesame Street Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment