Sunday, August 1, 2010

Puppy Birthday Party Decorations

Today is Drake's Golden Birthday! (1 on the 1st)
We celebrated with family and friends last night at Drake's Puppy Party!!

The party was a  huge success! I have almost 350 pictures of the party, so I'm going to do a few different  birthday posts the next few days so I can cover everything. (Thanks for the idea Shannon!)

First up...the decorations!

What birthday party would be complete without balloons?
A puppy all ready to party greeted guests as they arrived.

The cake table was probably my favorite part of the party. I think everything came together so nicely. I made a picture clothes line using pictures of Drake and Skinner as the main decoration in this area. I also had the favors and my computer playing Drake's slide show on the table.

I printed out a little sign to put in front of the party favors. I had some golden retriever stickers on hand that I stuck on to add a little fun. To make it looked more polished I stuck it in a picture frame.

Dog themed cookies were the party favor. I went the easy route and used pre-made cookie dough so all I had to do was cut them out and bake them. I made sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies. I put 2 cookies in each bag, tied it with a paw print ribbon, and attached a wallet sized photo of Drake and Skinner that said "Thanks for making my Pawty Pawfect". People loved the favors and they were so easy to make!

The cake. Oh, the cake. What else can I say?!? It was PERFECT! We did a white cake with chocolate filling. It was so tasty and since the cake was huge I'm lucky (or maybe unlucky) to have lots of leftovers!

The smash cake was so darling. Bet you are wondering what Drake thought of it? I guess you will just have to check back later this week to find out!

I carried the puppy theme over into the meal by making a doggy menu and using paw print napkins.

I tried to be creative and come up with different puppy themed names for each food item I was serving. I had so much fun making this. Once again I threw on some stickers and framed the menu to give it a more put together look.

I wrapped each place setting up in a napkin and tied it with puppy ribbon to make grabbing the silverware easy.

I had dog bowls full of puppy chow and coco puffs on each table for the guests to snack on. Don't the coco puffs look just like dog food?

I could not be happier with the way everything turned out. I had so much fun planning the party. I think what I learned most from this party is people really do notice the small details and that makes it so worthwhile to go the extra mile and make every aspect of the party memorable.

As for the rest of the week look for posts on :
The Birthday Boy
Cake Smash
How Drake Spent His Birthday

6 comments:

  1. You had every detail done so perfectly! Love the cakes, love the pretend dog food, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed...you really had it all put together! Inspires me to do better on my sons' next birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Katie you did a great job with everything. Doesn't it feel good to have it over though...now you can finally breath again and just enjoy looking back through all the pictures. Can't wait for the rest of the b'day posts! I am loving the cakes...too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Southern PrepAugust 2, 2010 at 6:04 AM

    Oh my gosh, that is too adorable! I seriously cannot get over what a cute party that is! I love the favors and the cakes-too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE puppy chow! And I can't believe Drake's Golden Birthday has come and gone!

    That dog head on top of the cake was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red Velvet ConfectionsAugust 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM

    Hi, I'm visiting from SITS. What a creative and fun looking party. Congrats on this special birthday milestone!

    ReplyDelete