Friday, August 13, 2010

Thankful

I usually reserve my thankful posts until the Thanksgiving season, but I've decided that today, a Friday in the middle of August, need a thankful post because I'm feeling just that- thankful!

On August 13, 2010 I'm feeling thankful for:
  •  The fact that even though it really sucks that our air conditioner went out, I needed a new tire and our garbage disposal broke all in a 3 day time span I'm so thankful that is the worst of our problems. Those are just things and things can be fixed.
  • Knowing we pretty much can rest assured that if our basement has not flooded by now with the inches and inches (10 inches in 3 days with more on the way) of rain that  fell this week we should never have water in our basement. Peace of mind is worth everything.
  • Taking chances and not being afraid of failure. I have learned over the years that fear of failure only holds you back and does not allow you to succeed.
  • Little footprints that paint our driveway after an evening of playing with the hose.
  • Watching Drake pretend his hand is a phone as he holds it up to his ear and says "ello" over and over again.
  • The anticipation of going to the State Fair next week because  "Our State Fair is the Best State Fair. Don't Miss it Don't Even Be Late" Extra points to the person who can name what musical that song is from!
  • Lazy weekends with nothing planned but spending time with my 2 boys and flying by the seat of our pants.
I really have so much to be thankful for and for that I'm really thankful!
What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sweet of you to think to be thankful in August. I'm not prepared for that yet. I guess I'm thankful that it's my birthday and I still have 4 more years til I'm 40.

    :)

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhatsfordinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post. I'm thankful for my boys- even when they drive me crazy, I still love them.

    ReplyDelete