Thursday, March 14, 2013

Curious Charlie- Charlie's1st Birthday Party

DSC_0872


charlie5x7


Invitations from CardsJr


If you know me you know that I love to throw a party. I especially love planning parties for my kids. I initially thought that I would keep Charlie's 1st Birthday Party small...to just family...that idea lasted all of 12 seconds before I decided to throw an all out bash.


I decided on Curious George for the theme as Mr. Charlie is such a curious little guy. I kept the decoration and food simple all while sticking with the theme of Curious George and red, green, blue and yellow colors.


party1


I decorated the chest of drawers right inside of entry way to greet guests as they came in. I framed a picture of Charlie I took for the invitations  set up a Curious George book and filled in with other things I had in my house.


I found Paul Frank treat bags on clearance at Target and filled them with Curious George fruit snacks and little packages of animal crackers to give to the kids as favors.


PicMonkey Collagecharlie2


One of my favorite features of the whole party was the month pictures of Charlie that I hung up on a piece of twine with cloths pins  Such an easy, cheap and fun addition.


I also tried my hand at the famous tissue paper poms that are constantly floating around on the internet. They were actually super easy to make and really added something special to my decorations. The poms are still in great shape and I really don't want to throw them away so I think I will hang them up in Charlie's room.


The party was from 2-4 so I kept the food really simple. We had cake,  M&M's, animal crackers, Twizzlers bites, and chocolate covered banana slices.  For drinks I had a selection of pops, lemonade and drink boxes for the kids.


cakes


Cakes by Kick N Cakes


I really could not have loved the cake more! I told the girls at Kick N Cakes that we were doing a Curious George theme but the design was completely up to them.  I think they did a fabulous job! The big cake was chocolate peanut butter chip with butter cream frosting and it was DELICIOUS  Charlie's little smash cake was white cake with butter cream frosting and as you will see from the cake smash pictures I think he approved.


DSC_0006


DSC_0020


Yep, he ate about 90% of his smash cake. He loved it and just could not get enough. It was so fun to watch his face while everybody sang to him and then to see his reaction to his very own cake. I think this was probably my favorite moment of the day.


DSC_0904We had the perfect day celebrating our sweet little Charlie. I still can hardly believe that one whole year has already passed since we first met our him. But that is a whole other post!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you throw a great party! We just celebrated Abel's 7th birthday with family yesterday. Always fun to have everyone together! Happy 1st birthday to Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to throw parties! I know that Charlie will never remember this party but I love knowing that when he grows up he will have these pictures to look back on to see just how many people love him and wanted to celebrate him!

    ReplyDelete