Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful Project (Day 15) - My Dad

My dad is the kind of person who people think they know. They think he is smart and serious and a hard worker. They think they know him, but they really have no idea. My dad is all of those things they think he is, but he is so much more.

I know that my dad is funny and kind-hearted. I know that he loves to work outside in his yard. I know that he is a good friend. I also know that he puts his family first 100% of the time.

My dad is a busy guy. He is a family physician who has taken on many roles outside of patient care. He is has a passion for family medicine, but an even bigger passion for his family.

I'm thankful for all that he has done and still does for our family and the community. He is well-loved  and very respected by many. But I can guarantee you that nobody loves my Dad quite as much as my little boy. I don't know what exactly it is, but Drake and his Papa have a bond that is unlike anything else. Drake is Papa's little buddy and Papa is Drake's favorite person. When Papa is around everyone else could disappear and all would still be right in Drake's world.

So today I'm thankful for a great father who has turned into a great Papa. I'm already dreaming of  all the wonderful memories he will create with Little Brother.

Papa with his 2 grandsons?

Well that might just be too much for my heart to handle!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And I love that he got to experience life with 3 pretty little girls of his own and now he gets to have 2 precious little grandsons. Couldn't get much more perfect than that!

    ReplyDelete