Monday, November 29, 2010

How I Ended Up On Santa's Lap

With Thanksgiving over with and the Christmas season in full swing, I did what any crazy good mother would do and packed Drake up and headed straight to the closest Santa. Little did I know that I would soon be reliving my childhood by taking a seat on Santa's lap.

Let's just say Drake and Santa never really hit it off.

Leaving me to come rescue my terrified little boy from the arms of the jolly man in the red suit.

When Santa got a grand idea.

"Why doesn't mom sit on my lap and hold the baby so we can get a great picture!"

As you can see this made no difference to Drake. He was still scared out of his mind.

Please notice the following about our "official" Santa picture:

A.Santa is acting as though he is being crushed by me. Nice Santa, real nice.

B.I'm laughing hysterically because quite frankly I have no idea what else to do.

C. Drake is still scared out of his mind and reaching for my parents to come save him because obviously his mom is not going to be getting him out of the situation.

All of those things combined left us with this priceless photo and the story of how I ended up on Santa's lap.

7 comments:

  1. This is priceless! It needs to be your Christmas card with the caption, "Welcome to the craziness of Christmas"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know, i'm starting to think that being a Santa is the worst gig because half of your clientele leave in a rage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww poor Drake! I'm laughing but my heart just gets so sad when you see his screaming face in that 1st and 2nd to last picture-he's freaking terrified!

    Don't worry Drake....I was scared of Santa, too :) But he's not so bad anymore. Hmmmm...makes me wonder how TWO babies will do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, wait a minute....you wrote Satan's lap.. LMAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, now I'm nervous! I don't think I can handle sitting on Santa's lap! You were great and completely rolled with the punches K! Drake I'm sure didn't know what to make of the whole situation!

    And I'm not thinking that was a great look for Santa to give...I mean seriously? Isn't he always supposed to look jolly!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo FUNNY!!! Can't wait for the Easter Bunny! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey deary-spreading some baaa tribe Holiday cheer! You look great on Santa's lap..what a great picture and story that you get to tell for years! Happy Holidays!

    http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete