Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful on Thursday

Today I'm thankful for:
  • Pumpkin Spice Creamer. I enjoyed a steaming hot cup (or two) of delicious coffee splashed (or drenched) with my favorite cozy fall flavor for the first time last weekend.
  • Peace. Today is the first day in almost 2 months that I feel at peace. As many of you know our family has had a lot of ups in downs these past few weeks and today I woke up without that tight feeling of stress in my chest. Good things are happening and I'm here to embrace them with open arms.
  • Some new and inexpensive toys to entertain my little dude. Our old swimming pool is now a ball pit(Thanks Blair for the idea). I found the perfect basketball hoop that is just like new for $8.00 at a consignment shop.Oh and the fake food, how can I forget the piles of wooden food all over our house.  Sidenote:Skinner hates the fake food and found out the hard way that fake hotdogs look just like real hotdogs.
  • The rare freedom of a weekend with nothing planned and endless opportunities.
  • Warm fall mornings spent at the zoo with a little guy running around looking just like a little man and yelling "good dog" to every.single.animal
  • Photoshop. For making my picture taking and editing that much more fun. 
  • A husband who loves being a Daddy
  • Knowing that homemade chili is on the menu for the first time this fall.
  • The anticipation of a warm pumpkin bar straight from the oven.
  • Jury duty. I'm on it next week and I've always been interested to see what it is all about.
  • Honeycrisp apples. AMAZING!!

6 comments:

  1. I love that he told every animal, "Good dog!"

    I bet he gets more than your money's worth out of your crafty ball pit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...homemade chili! I love it. I love bringing out my crockpot and hearty dishes in the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Drake is the BEST. we need to move back to Iowa so the Dudes can learn some lessons from him :)

    I'm going to do Thankful Thursday today too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin Spice! Hecks yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you feel a sense of peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just dying to try one of those honeycrisp apples and your pumpkin bars sound great too!

    I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete