Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Love This Age

Drake is almost 2 1/2 and he has been saying the most hilarious stuff lately!

Here are a few things I don't want to forget:

  • Me-Drake what are you drawing?


Drake-A turd

Me-What is that beside the turd?

Drake- A big poop

  • We were standing in the checkout at the grocery store and  the people in front of us checking out had a newborn baby. I told Drake to look at the baby. He looks at it and says "Baby is sleeping" and I said yep, the baby is sleeping and he then looks at me with a huge smile on his face and says "I'll just wake the baby up" So, we had a talk about how you NEVER wake a sleeping baby.


 

  • He has started to say "Oh Yeah" when you ask him a question and he knows the answer to it.


 

  • We started to potty train Drake on Friday. I brought his little frog potty down to the family room so he could sit and go when he needed to.  I was sipping my morning coffee when I spotted him carrying his potty upstairs and asked him what he was doing. "I'm putting this in Drake's bathroom" he said as he continued up the stairs. Once he got  to the bathroom he opened the cupboard where we keep the potty, put it away, and looked at me and said "All done now". After that he pretty much refused to have anything to do with potty training. Looks like we will try again in a few months.


 

  • Drake is really interested in music and always asks "What song is this now?" when we are listening to the radio in the car.


 

I'm loving how I never know what will come out of his mouth and how he can always make me laugh!  For some reason I'm already picturing him as the class clown;)

What a fun little guy we have!

2 comments: