Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Connected

I am connected to my family.
To my friends.

To my job.

To strangers.

24 hours a day.

7 days a week.

I’m connected.

I'm connected by this amazing thing called technology.

Facebook
Twitter
Email
Text Messages
Blogs

They all beep and blink at me from my phone and computer begging for attention.

But they always want more.

More of my time.

More of my energy.

More.

It is starting to feel like the more connected I am the less connected I am.

The less connected I feel to family.

To friends.

To my job.

I’ve decided it is time to get connected again.

Getting connected by the words I speak and actions people can see.

Time to reconnect over dinner with a friend and give my son the undivided attention he deserves.

Time to turn off the phone and let my Google reader fill up with unread blogs.

Time to connect with the ones I love the most by disconnecting from the very thing that I thought was keeping me more connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment