Monday, September 13, 2010

My First Ever Blog Post

This week I'm participating in the SITS Back to Blogging event. I'm in need of a blogging jump start after and I thought this would be the perfect  way to kick it off!

This is the first post I ever wrote all the way back in July of 2008:

This is me..Sassy.Silly.Spunky
This is me...I have a great love and appreciation of my family
This is me...My husband is the love of my life and gets me better than anybody else
This is me...My sisters are my best friends and I love hanging out with them
This is me...My mom is always the first person I call with good/bad news
This is me...My dad is my hero
This is me...I have the greatest friends who have been there through thick and thin
This is me...My golden retriever is awesome and always makes me smile
This is me...I have the best childhood memories
This is me... I will always have a special place in my heart for Simpson College
This is me...I will always be a Southern Cal Mustang
This is me...My favorite place on earth is Hilton Head Island
This is me...I can't live without Burt's Bees chapstick
This is me...If I never got to a Laundromat again it will be too soon
This is me...Tim McGraw and Cher will always be #1 in my book
This is me... Jesus is my Lord and Savior
This is me... I could eat Schwaans fish sticks every day
This is me... My birthday is my favorite day of the year
This is me... I love to travel but have never found better people than here in Iowa
This is me... I may live in the city but will always be a small town girl
This is me... I love my job but can't wait for the best job of all...being a mother
This is me... My wedding day was the best day of my life
This is me... I have learned to love to exercise and it is my escape
This is me... There nothing better than sitting on the deck with a cold beer on a hot summer day
This is me...I love a good challenge
This is me... I am competitive especially in board games
This is me...Father of the Bride and Coyote Ugly will always be at the top of my list
This is me... I miss going to school and learning new things I even miss writing papers
This is me... I have big dreams that I believe will come true
This is me... Sassy.Silly.

As I look back on this post, I remember I had an ache in my heart at the time I was writing this. Everything in my life seemed perfect except for the fact that I did not have the one thing I wanted most...a baby. We had been trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully for almost a year at this point and my heart ached for a baby. I'm happy to say that on August 1, 2009 my wish came true when we welcomed our son Drake Donald into the world.

Dreams do come true and I'm so happy to have this post to remind me of that!


Thanks to Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances for sponsoring the Back to Blogging event

2 comments:

  1. are tim mcgraw and cher still #1? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read! :) You were a great blogger all the way back in 2008! I personally like the Southern Cal Mustang comment....you mean, you aren't a South Central Calhoun Titan now? :P me either.....

    ReplyDelete