Monday, October 1, 2012

The Family I Never Imagined



When I was growing up I used to imagine what my future family would look like I wondered if I would have all girls like my mom did and what my husband would look like and what my kids names would be.  Even though I probably had a million day dreams about what my family would look like, I never dreamt it as good as it really is. My husband is more handsome and kind and funnier than I ever imagined. And don't even get me started on my 2 boys. For some reason in my dreams my kids were girls, having only sisters, I knew very little about boys or brothers. But you know what? God knew I needed boys. He knew I need the challenge of a baby with awful reflux to give me patience I never knew I had. He knew  I needed the reward of a snuggle from  a toddler who is usually on the go all the time. He knew that Drake needed a brother and that I needed another son. He knew that superheros and cars and legos would be the toys that scattered our floor. He knew the littlest smile from Charlie would melt my heart. He knew Drake telling me I was his best friend would make me tear up. He knew. How amazing is it that out of the million families I pictured for myself that he gave me one better than I could have imagined? I am blessed. Feeling lots of gratitude for the family I never imagined.



 

5 comments:

  1. Your family is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That family picture really shows which kiddo looks like which parent. Drake=YOU and Charlie=BEN! Talk about cookie cutter kids. Great pictures! And....that BOW TIE!!!! Love!
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, Katie. Your words brought tears to my eyes. "How amazing is it that out of the million families I pictured for myself that he gave me one better than I could have imagined?" So true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela! He really does know better than any of us, doesn't he?!? Thanks for the shout out on Facebook too :)

    ReplyDelete