Monday, December 19, 2011

It Never Fails

We almost always eat supper together as a family. I love sitting down to a meal and talking about my day with Ben while Drake chatters away. But sometimes due to our schedule or just not being hungry at 5:30 Ben and I will wait and eat after Drake goes to bed at 8:00.

Drake is great at going to bed. We read a book, I lay with him and cuddle and say prayers, give him a few hugs and kisses, and he is down for the night. This is pretty much how it goes almost every night, EXCEPT for the nights we decide to eat dinner after he goes to bed. It pretty much never fails, those are the nights that he is up and crying to get out of bed or banging on his door yelling for us.

What am I missing out on here? Does he have some sort of 6th sense about us wanting to have a meal in peace and quiet? I don't get it. I guess we will just have to stick with the early dinner!

1 comment:

  1. they just know that you are doing something without them............

    ReplyDelete