Thursday, December 29, 2011

Family Christmas/Santa

We celebrated our little family Christmas on the night before Christmas Eve as we were going to be out of town on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. While Drake was napping I got the brilliant idea to make hot chocolate for the 2 of us to enjoy while we waited for Ben to get home for work. I was SO excited about the idea (Drake had never had hot chocolate before) that I could not stand it and went and woke Drakie up from his nap. Apparently I like hot chocolate more than he does, as he did not even try one little sip. Oh well, it was still fun!



After Ben came home from work we got started on opening presents! I decided that we were going to do our presents to Drake a little different this year ( and every year in the future) and give him 3 gifts from us to represent the 3 gifts that Jesus received when he was born.



Drake had a fun time opening presents and loved everything he received. We got him a Melissa and Doug puzzle, a Lego set, and a set of 8 Cars with the Cars 2 DVD.



After we opened gifts we had a picnic in our family room where we ate pizza and watched Cars 2. We topped the night off with a ride around town to look at Christmas lights.



Santa must have known we were not going to home Christmas morning so he decided to stop by a day early!



Boy does Santa know how to make a train loving little boy happy! Drake's little mind was just blown when he saw the awesome train table Santa left for him. He loved it so much that he could not be bothered with opening his stocking or eating breakfast. When I told him it was time to head to Nana and Papa's house he looked  at me and said "No, I run away with my trains"!


1 comment:

  1. Drake is such a lucky little guy. It looks like you had a wonderful little family Christmas!!
    I hope you are feeling good. We'll have to have you and Drake over to play sometime soon.

    Happy New Year!!!
    Ame

    ReplyDelete