Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jeans Mission 2010

This morning is the start of  my Jeans Mission 2010. I'm finally biting the bullet and buying new jeans. 7 1/2 months after giving birth and 9 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight I have decided I REALLY REALLY need new jeans.

I'm pretty sure that it is going to a while before I can fit into my size 10 skinny jeans from the Gap, as they are not even close to zipping, but I have been wearing them anyways. Yep, I'm still wearing my Bella Band and will NEVER be wearing these jeans again until I can fit into them because of what happened to me yesterday.

 I was running to Target to pick up diapers when I ran into somebody I knew in the parking lot, we had a nice conversation and I made my way inside where I realized that my Bella Band had totally become all twisted and my jeans were both unzipped and unbuttoned for the whole world to see. Is that is not a sign to buy new pants I don't know what is!

You are probably wondering if I only have 1 pair of jeans. I actually have 2 others, but they are the jeans from style hell not any better than flashthewholeworldjeans.

I have a size 12 pair of jeans from the Gap. I've had them for awhile and they are high waisted,  not a flattering wash, and worst off all the butt of  the jeans literally sag so much that it probably touches the ground. So those are a no-go as they are truly "mom jeans" at there best!

My other pair I'm actually wearing right now. They are a size 10 from Abercrombie. A size 10 from Abercrombie 10 years ago. I might have bough these in the  90's . They have a button fly. They work, they fit, but I have a feeling that they are not anywhere close to stylish.

Oh yeah and Drake, 7 1/2 month old Drake, has better jeans than his poor Momma. He has a super cute pair from Gymboree and a pair of True Religions from his super stylin' Auntie Ellie. Yep, he has designer jeans that fit him in all the right places while I have....nothing!!

So as you can see I really don't have a whole lot of options in the good ol' denim department. I don't feel good or look good in any of my current jeans, so it is time to do something.

Jeans Mission 2010 has officially started.

I will be back later with an update and hopefully a new pair of rockstar worthy jeans!!

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up. You sound like me. I am still wearing my 10 year old Abercrombie jeans too!! They have rips at the heels and are all faded, but hey they fit! I found perfect jeans a few weeks ago, but I am not the type to spend $200 on jeans, so I just walked away. :(

    Good luck jean shopping!

    ReplyDelete