Monday, November 11, 2013

What's On My Mind

On this cold and dreary Monday morning this is what I'm thinking about-

  •  Drake had a lock down drill at his school on Friday. I can't even begin to tell you the heartbreak I felt as he told me "we had to pretend there was a bad shooter in the building and turn off all the lights and hide."  So, so sad that a lock down drill will now be the new normal for kids at school.



  • I'm feeling really grateful for my husband lately. I have been gone a lot in the evenings the past month and my husband is wonderful about it. He never makes me feel guilty for being away and I love that I can leave and not have to give him directions on what to do with the kids because he already knows since he is such a big part of their care everyday anyway. I'm just so happy I get to do life with him



  • I went to the Pink concert with my mom and sisters on Friday night. What.A.Show! Seriously, if you ever get the chance to see her concert, please do. Hand down the best show I've ever seen!


 

  • Our church puts on a Turkey Mission Dinner every fall and gives 100% of the money away.  All the food is donated and the tickets are free (a free will donation is taken at the door). Two year ago the dinner raised $25,000. Last year $60,000 was raised and this year over $87,000 will be given away to Habit for Humanity and Imagine No Malaria. I get goosebumps just thinking of what God is doing in our church and how many lives will be changed as a result of this turkey dinner.



  • This is my new favorite picture. I love how it captures everyday life at our house.  And Charlie's expression? Priceless! I wonder what he is plotting...


1454784_652396086580_1931808615_n

 

  • I continue to be amazed at the distinct personality differences between our 2 boys. Drake is sensitive and emotional. He is a cuddler and over thinker. Charlie is wild and tough. He is busy and carefree.  They both bring so many great qualities  to our little family that I love.


And Here are a few links I'm loving right now-

  • I did the Fresh 20 Meal planning a lot last winter and I'm ready to get back on the wagon again. Makes meal time SO much easier.

  • Do you use Instagram? It is my favorite social media site. I would love to follow you! You can follow me here.

  • I am loving these Design Dilemma posts on Young House Love. I think it would be so much fun to submit a room in our house and get some fresh ideas.

  • Watch this. The message speaks to everyone.

  • If you plan on buying any Fisher Price toys for the holidays here are some great coupons for you!

  • I just got done reading this book. Wow, just, wow. Read it.

  • I bought this cardigan for Drake last week. There is just something about little boys wearing grow-up clothes that melts my heart.


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment