Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This Did Happen

We were chatting away as we drove back from a site visit at a hotel. Talking about work and life and our families. The air conditioning was on high as it was a scorcher outside.

My boss and I were probably less than 10 minutes away from the office when I happened to look out my window and see a car merging right into us.

I screamed out her name and she glanced over to see the car coming right at us.

The next thing I know we were run off the road and her car was smashed up against the guard rail of the median and then propelled back onto the interstate.

Spinning.

We spun around and around across one lane and then another and then another as we made contact with another car. We kept spinning until we spun onto the shoulder hitting a sign as we finally came to a stop.

We sat in silence as we processed what had just happened.

We had spun across 3 lanes of a busy interstate and clipped a car (the 2 people inside of that car were uninjured) as we were traveling at least 55 mph.

And we had not a single scratch on our bodies.

God held us in his hands that day.

**************************************************

This happened only a few days ago and ever since it has been very easy to think of what didn't happen instead of what DID. There are so, so many things that could have happened but didn't. I wrote this post as a reminder of what DID happen, so when my mind starts to wander back to what didn't happen, I have the truth in black and white to remind me of what DID.

And what DID happen is nothing short of a miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you are okay. I had the same thing happen to me about 7 years back. A car was merging and ran right into me. I was going 60 mpg. Thank goodness I did not hit anyone else but to this day I am unsure how I was uninjured.

    Please tell me that the car that ran into you at least stopped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so scary isn't it?

    The car that ran us off the road did not stop. And I'm not sure how they will find it as we did not have a good description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible. I just don't understand how people can go on with their lives without dealing with something they caused that could have seriously injured people and changed lives.

    Thank goodness that the big man upstairs was watching out for you!

    ReplyDelete