Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Struggling

As Drake gets older I find myself struggling more and more with just exactly what and how much I'm willing to share about him on the blog. I have been very careful to never use our last name on our blog, not only for privacy reasons, but also for the fast that I never want my blog to be the first thing that pops up if somebody was to Google Drake's name.

With that being said, I've decide to take a little bit of a different approach to my blogging. I will still blog about Drake on occasion, but I also want to start blogging about fashion, cooking, home, etc. I guess you could say more of a lifestyle blog.

So what do you think? Will you stick around with me?

P.S. I'm curious How do you decide how much is too much to share on your blog?

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. The kids are getting older and I dont want to share too much about them. I dont want them to ever be embarrassed but I also want to keep the memories. I try to just write the funny things they do or say and some of our family memories. I guess its always going to be a constant struggle with how much is too much. Ill stick with you if you turn your blog into more of a lifestyle blog. I totally understand wanting to protect your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are older now, and I've started asking them before I tell a story or post a picture. They almost always say yes, and, if they don't, I respect that. I do share a lot, though, but I'm OK with it. If you're not, it's your blog and you should only do what you feel comfortable with! I think your readers would definitely stick around. I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sticking with me! It is hard to find a balance, but I think that it sounds like you have a great system that works for you by asking your kids permission. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a hard balance on sharing enough so you are still "real" and not oversharing so you embarress your kids someday. Thanks for sticking with me Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will read anything you post, girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete