Sunday, July 31, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are Party-Part 1

Drake's Birthday Party was a HUGE hit! From the food, to the favors, to the cake...everything was perfect.


I have LOTS of pictures to share of the big day so I thought I would break it up into two posts.


This post mostly includes pictures I took of the favors, decorations, and food before the party started.


Enjoy!



I set up a favor table on a chest right inside my front door.


No Wild Thing party would be complete without quotes from the book!


For the party favors for the kids I filled chinese takeout boxes with bubbles, bouncy balls, water guns, monster finger puppets, and fake bugs.


I topped the box with a sand mold and a mask of a wild thing.


I made cake pops as thank you favors for adults and kids.  I made chocolate with cream cheese frosting and strawberry with vanilla frosting.


I dipped them in melted almond bark  with a few drops of candy melt and sprinkled mini M&M's and sprinkles to add a little more color  to them.


This is the sign I had sitting on the food table.


Our well-loved Where the Wild Things Are book made an appearance at the party


Wild Thing Cake


Cute little fondant Max on the side.


So perfect for the party (my talented neighbor made it ) and even more importantly very yummy!


The food table.


Best picture I got of the birthday boy all day! His shirt says "King of All Wild Things"


Tomorrow I will have pictures from the party!


Sources:


Masks


Signs

8 comments:

  1. what a cutie and such a lovely party great work on the theme!! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best party themes I've seen, and you did it soooooo well! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Now that's a lucky fella! Make lots of photos - he wont remember a dime next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party was perfect and we had so much fun! I will post pictures on lailas site soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic party. The cake is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! And yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pics you posted. Drake and Laila are the CUTEST couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I know. I just love party planning.

    ReplyDelete