Thursday, July 7, 2011

Momma'a Day Off

Do you ever have one of those weeks that just leaves you craving a break from reality? A break from your normal routine? A break from the everyday? Yep, I'm so there.

With late bedtimes for Drake over the long weekend we have been struggling to get back into a routine and it is really starting to show. We have had  a tired, crabby, teething, mad little boy on our hands for the last few days.

Also? He pooped on the living room floor in several different places and also managed to smear it all of himself. Gross really does not even begin to describe it.

So when my plans to meet a friend today for lunch and pedicures fell through I kept the babysitter and headed out for a Momma afternoon. I started off with lunch with my hubby at one of my favorite places. Unexpected lunch dates with the husband? The best!!

After lunch I treated myself to a pedicure. One luxury hour of soaking, massage, and polish all while enjoying a book on my Kindle (The Art of Racing in the Rain is a MUST read) and enjoying the sights and sounds of the nail salon. After my pedicure I was off to run a few errands and finally relax at my favorite coffee house, where I am right now surfing the internet and catching up on blogging.

In love with today.

 

2 comments:

  1. those days are the best days. I'm glad you got a chance for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poop... that arch nemesis of the toddler's mom... my one child used it like playdough once, and my other like paint.... amazing the things they do. So much like monkey's.

    ReplyDelete