Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tis the Season

Welcome! Today I'm joining up on with Webbisodes and Flip Flops and Pearls Home Tour. The theme this week is Deck the Halls!

 I love decorating for Christmas and love to put little unexpected holiday touches everywhere. Come with me as we take a holiday tour through my home!

When you come in my front door this is what greats you. I found the Noel sign last year at Target on clearance. The collection of snowmen and Santas were my Grandmother's. I love how charming they are!

No house would be complete without a Christmas tree. We have a fake tree and I love the way it looks, except a stand of lights on the bottom is not working. Finding the problem light is like finding a needle in a haystack. I already warned my husband that we will be buying a new tree next year.

I have spent lots of time this year with a little dude in my arms checking out all the ornaments.
The dog ornament is a favorite!

I think this nativity set is just gorgeous. Turns out that I'm not the only one who loves the set. I have found Baby Jesus on a kitchen chair, hiding in a corner, and being carried around by a very curious toddler.

These sparkly trees make our coffee table festive. I would love to have them sitting on a tray with some greenery, but a certain somebody thinks they make perfect hats, so they are constantly being put up a bit higher.

Mr. Drake has his own little Christmas tree with ornaments that he can take on and off.
I set it up right beside his toy shelf. He loves that it is just his size!

I shared the story of this wreath a few weeks back. I LOVE how it turned out. I have it hanging on the door to my pantry. I'm thinking of making another one next year using mini glass balls.

As you saw, lots of my decorating has revolved around this little guy.
I think he looks pretty darn cute in this little sled.

Of course you need to have a special holiday treat (and in my case, a glass of wine) in hand while decorating. We love Oreo truffles at our house! Just a word of warning; it is impossible to eat just one of these sweet balls of perfection!

Oreo Truffles:
1 package of Oreo Cookies
1 package of cream cheese
1 package of almond bark

Crush Oreos and mix with cream cheese. Form into balls. Melt almond bark. Dip the Oreo balls into the bark. Sprinkle with green and red sprinkles. Refrigerate or freeze.

Happy Holidays!

10 comments:

  1. flip flops and pearlsDecember 7, 2010 at 6:36 AM

    Thanks so much for joining us this week!!! I love that lab ornament! (i have a yellow) And what a precious lil guy you have:)
    You did a great job on your wreath too!

    Hope you join us next week-
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, i will have to try the oreo truffles. Sound YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath that looks beautiful, it all does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must shop in some of the same places because I see some familiar things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shesh, can't believe I host this darn thing and forgot my recipe! Guess I'll have to post that another day! Haha!

    Love your decorations! Thanks for joining us! I really like the ornament wreath! I want one! And yes, tell me about the decorating around the little one...I know all about that!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Drake has his own tree to play around with. That's a great idea on so many levels!! I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't started decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your wreath and I make a similar treat using red velvet cake mix, cream cheese, and almond bark. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a wise mom to give drake a "safe" tree to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing all these Christmas decorations and realize what a Christmas slacker I am!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas decorating is LOVELY! :) ...& O. M. G., those Oreo truffles are my FAVE - so much that I usually make myself sick off 'em! =S

    ReplyDelete