Monday, November 23, 2009

Some of Our Favorite Things

When I was pregnant and after D was first born I always loved reading other moms blogs about the things that they loved for their babies, I picked up some great ideas. Since I have quite a few readers who are either new moms or expecting a baby I thought I would share what D and I love so far!
Winkel:

This strange looking toy has been a favorite of D's for a very long time. It was one of the first toys that he could grasp since it had lots of places to hold on. He now loves it to chew on it. This has provided us with lots of entertainment!
Sophie:



I know I already talked about Sophie a few posts back, but I can't stress enough how GREAT she is!! D loves to chew on her, cuddle up with Sophie for a nap, and just hold on to her. This is the best money we have spent on a toy.
Ocean Wonders Bouncer:
We have used this bouncer more than any other baby item. D slept in it for a month during the worst of his reflux. Now he loves to sit in it and look around or kick the fish and watch the bubbles in the aquarium.
Taggie blanket:


D was lucky enough to receive one of these from his Grandma and one from a family friend. It is basically just a small piece of fabric with tags all around the edge. He loves to snuggle with it when he naps and likes the way the tags feel one his hands and face. If you know somebody who can sew have them make one for you because it is WAY cheaper than buying the real ones!

Chicco Highchair:




D is not even eating solid food yet, but we have had the highchair out for a few weeks already and we love it! He is too noisy to not be in all the action so he likes to sit at the table with us when we eat. I love this because it has a bunch of different seat reclining settings, so he can sit in it comfortably reclined a little bit. He also loves to watch me cook so I just roll the highchair where I am and he is very entertained!

A few other things worth mentioning:
  • Playtex Ventair Bottles- I really like these. We started out using Avent but had lots of issues with leaking and D just did not seem to love them.
  • Carters clothes- I have found they fit pretty true to size, are cute and comfy, durable, and you can find them at great prices!
  • I have a special place in my heart for Baby Gap. How can you resist clothes that make your son look like a little man?!?!
  • We just bought the Rainforest Jumperoo, D is a little too short to jump yet, but I think this will become a favorite in our house very soon.
  • I can't believe I have not mentioned this yet, but the Miracle Blanket is pretty much the only swaddle blanket that worked at our house. If you are swaddling or plan on swaddling your baby I HIGHLY recommend this magic blanket!
  • Socks that look like shoes...need I say more?!?
I am sure that this list will only be growing, but in our first 3 months this is what we LOVE!!

1 comment:

  1. I found the giraffe you mention at Suite Dreams and I thought of you. I almost bought her but I resisted. That store has a lot of temptations!!

    ReplyDelete