Monday, January 7, 2013

Stretching My Writing Wings

I love writing. I love the way it makes me feel. I love the connection that it gives me to other moms. I love the memories that are preserved in my words. Writing has been such a gift in my life.

I love this little piece of the internet that is mine, but I felt like something was missing- like there was something more I could be doing with my words. This summer I found the missing piece. I became connected with the 2 founders of Des Moines Moms Blog (DMMB) and was asked to join their team as a contributor. I now write over at DMMB twice a month.

DMMB-Header-980-px6


DMMB has been such a blessing in my life. I am so lucky to have met a group of amazing, beautiful, talented and encouraging woman that I am happy to call my friends. In addition, I have the opportunity to really encourage and share with other mothers which is something that is near and dear to my heart. I


really believe there is something so wonderful about moms encouraging one another and sharing the ups and downs of motherhood together. Motherhood is so fantastic and so hard and it is important to have a support system in place to connect with other women going through the same thing you are.


 So here is what I've been up to over at DMMB-

A Year of Dates

Making Christmas Traditions for Your Family

Keeping the Meaning of the Season in Gift Giving

Five Things I Have Learned as a 2nd Time Mom

I promise even if you do not live in the Des Moines area, even if you do not live in Iowa, you will find content that is relevant to your life. I am beyond proud to be part of this team and hope you will find some inspiration, comfort, encouragement and love in our words.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the love of writing! And I'm thankful that DMMB has connected us!

    ReplyDelete