Monday, October 7, 2013

What I'm Loving Right Now-Fall Edition

I love the crisp fall air and the taste of pumpkin spice lattes. I love sweatshirts and yoga pants and covering up with big heavy blankets. I love everything about fall!

Here are some of the other fall things that are topping my list right now:


The TV Show The Blacklist


Has anybody else started watching this show? We watched the first 2 episodes on Hulu Saturday night and I was left wishing I had a whole entire season to binge watch. I can best describe the show as having the suspense of Scandal and the twists and turns of Revenge. I am so excited that a new episode is on tonight!




Ponte Pants from Target


14630424_201308150032These pants are genius! They are fitted like leggings but made of a thicker material. I wore mine yesterday with a sweater that did not quite cover my whole bottom. I could not have pulled that look off with regular thin leggings but these pants are thick enough that they are more pants than legging. I want a pair of these in every color! The best part is that they are very affordable. I bought mine for $25.00. You can order online here.




My Grandma's Apple Cake


I don't usually like fruit cakes, pies, etc but this cake is so yummy! I think the thing that makes this cake outstanding is the fact that it is not dry whatsoever. You can eat this cake plain or serve with a little ice cream or dollop of whipped cream. You must make this cake soon!


1/2 Cup margarine(can sub- 1/2 c. applesauce & 1 TBS. oil for a healthier option)
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup milk
21/2 Cups flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda&salt&vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 Cups chopped and peeled apples


Cream margarine and sugars, add beaten eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture alternately dry ingredients and milk. Add apple last.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 min in 9x13 greased pan. Bake for 22 min for muffins.

DSC_0529


Painted Furniture


IMG_2767

I always get so excited when I decided to do a project that I forget to take a before picture every.single.time and this project was no different. Our desk used to be a dark wood and although it looked nice, it was getting pretty scratched up and the dark color made it seem so heavy in our small room. The coat of white paint is just what it need to make it brighter and give it new life. The desk chair was a medium oak and although it was beautiful I wanted a color that would really pop with the white desk. I think I accomplished my goal with the sunny bright yellow color!



Drake's School Papers


I sometimes wonder how Drake really feels about Charlie. At home he seems pretty annoyed with him and really does not pay very much attention to him so you can imagine my surprise when he brought this home last week...

IMG_2787

Incase you can't read it clearly it says "Drake was so happy when he spent time with Charlie."  Yep, I think it is safe to say that he loves his little brother just as much as we do. I love watching the relationship between my boys bloom and it has become one of my absolute favorite things.

What are you loving right now?

1 comment:

  1. I love the desk and that bright yellow chair! That looks awesome! And the paper from Drake about Charlie...oh so sweet. That is definitely one to file away and save for always! :)
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete