Monday, April 15, 2013

Want a Cup of Coffee?

I have been seeing these virtual coffee date posts floating around the internet the last few weeks. Since it is Monday I thought there is no better way to start the week than to have a cup of coffee with a friend. Will you join me for a cup?


If we were meeting for coffee today I would probably be drinking an iced coffee since I'm trying to watch my calories and I might be jealous of you if you ordered a caramel latte...my favorite!


I would tell you about how I somehow got tendonitis from repeatedly wearing the wrong shoes. I would probably ask you if you had any good supportive shoe recommendations. I would show you how swelled up my foot is and how it hardly fits in my shoe and I would laugh at myself telling you that this just proves how nonathletic I am.


544592_621831039180_1292470080_n

I would tell you that Charlie is still is not walking. I have a love/hate relationship with that fact.  Since the weather is getting nicer I wish that he would walk as it would be so much easier to be outside with him as he is wearing holes in the knees on all of his pants from crawling on the concrete. But I would also tell you that because he is not walking that he still seems like he is a baby and I don't want to wish any of his babyhood away. Plus not walking means that I get to hold him and carry him around and I really like that.


579570_620632121820_1993468125_n

I would ask for your advice on how to deal with Drake who seems to have selective listening  problems. I would also probably tell you that he and I have been butting heads lately, and I know it is because we are so much alike.  I would then tell you about something cute he said like how out of no where the other day he asked me to throw a pie in his face. I would probably be smiling the whole time I talked about him because even on his worst days he is pretty amazing.



I would ask you if you have taken your kids to Disney and if you had any tips for us?  I would tell you that we are thinking of taking just Drake in September of 2014 and although it seems like a long ways away I'm already so excited thinking about it.


Thanks for joining me for that cup of coffee and being a great listener! What would you tell me during our cup of coffee?

6 comments:

  1. Cute idea for a blog post! I totally felt like you were really talking to me over a caramel latte... er... iced coffee. ;-)

    I would probably tell you that I've been in a real cooking slump lately... that I'm struggling to find joy in feeding my family... and I would ask you for some new ideas for easy, healthy meals in hopes it would spark some inspiration in me.

    I would tell you that I've been getting Shellac manicures and that it makes me feel nice to have pretty nails.

    I would tell you that I'm getting a little nervous about my upcoming speaking engagement because I'm still not sure what topic to speak on.

    Thanks for the coffee date! (Let's do it for real some time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I want to pick Charlie up and squeeze him in that picture! And Drake...oh Drake. He just makes me smile. His personality is one of a kind....I love that Laila gets to call him her friend!

    Now...Disney...let's talk Disney my friend. Next get together....that's our first topic! :P

    If we were on a coffee date right now, I would tell you....collectively, we have 4 totally awesome kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie is pretty squeezable! I love that Laila was Drake's first friend that was a girl and because of that every girl he knows is Laila!

    Yes! We need lots of Disney talk!

    I'm so happy that we had a bit of a "coffee" date last week to catch up! Always so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, I'm telling you check out Fresh 20 :)

    I want to go with you sometime to the Shellac I've always wanted one!

    You will rock your speaking engagement you are such a real and genuine person and have the ability to make people feel comfortable.

    And yes to the real coffee date! Maybe nails and coffee soon?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we were having coffee, I would order you a non-fat cappuccino on the wet side, and add sugar in the raw (1 for tall, 2 for grande, 3 for venti) and a dash of cinnamon. You would wouldn't miss your caramel latte, and you still are cutting calories.

    Then I would tell you to try Nike. My fav is the Dual Fusion. I have planter fasciitis, and I can't wear anything else. I would also say stretch, stretch, stretch. I don't get out of bed until I do. It helps.

    Snuggle Charlie as much as you can. He will learn to walk and the pants can be patched (I have a tutorial, and have to do it all the time for my boys), but he won't get any younger or smaller. My youngest is almost 7. He was a baby yesterday.

    I would then bring up how I struggle to find creative time, when I have a part time job, three kids, and a husband who works nights. I often have to decide between sleep and craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try that cappuccino now!

    Thanks so much for the advice on the shoes.

    They just grow up way too fast don't they?

    I hear you on the creative time. For me sleep wins every single time. Hope you can find some time for yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete