Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Loving Where We Live While Dreaming About the Future









Thank you BHI for sponsoring my post today. Explore the benefits of a newly built home. Learn more here.



I can't believe that is has been almost 7 years since we bought and moved into our first home.  I can still remember sitting in the model home with our Realtor and going over every detail of our house that would be built right across the street.  I never knew so much thought went into outlets, and counter tops and light fixtures until I was right in the thick of it.

House

It makes me smile looking at the pictures above. We had not even been married a year yet and this was our first big purchases as a married couple. We would go out to the house site at least once a week to check out the progress. The day that we signed the mortgage papers is still one of my favorite memories.

When we first moved into the house it was just my husband and I but seven years have passed and we have filled the house with 2 little boys and a big golden retriever.  We love our little house but it will not be too many more years until we outgrow the house that we started our family in.

When the time comes there is no doubt in my mind that we will build a new construction home again. Newly built homes allow you to personalize it to fit your needs and that is super important to us in this stage of our life. Right now we are leaning towards building a ranch-style home when the time comes.

I'm already dreaming of  the things that our next home will have (granite, big bathroom, mudroom, pantry)  even though it is probably years away. In the meantime, we are going to keep soaking up the house that we made into our first home. I just know that this little four-level-split  will always have a special place in my heart.

If you would like more information  about buying new homes check out  BHI’s Start Fresh Buy New website.  

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!! And couldn't agree more with everything you wrote. We are in the same boat.....dreaming up our future plans is so much fun. But, I have a really hard time knowing that someday we will leave the place that I brought both of my babies home to. Then again...a mama could probably find sentimental value in every little thing, right? :P

    ReplyDelete