Sunday, November 4, 2012

Voting for Three

I feel like I am in a different position this election year than I was in the 2008 election.

You see, in 2008 my vote was for myself only - my beliefs, my opinions, and my views.

In 2012 my vote is for three people.

My vote is for the future generation of our country.

My vote has hopes and dreams behind it.

Dreams of educational opportunities.

Dreams of great jobs.

Hopes of the kind of husbands I want them to be.

Hopes that they will treat all people with respect and equality.

So on Tuesday morning as I enter my polling place, I will proudly fill out the ballot carefully filling in the circles of the people who I believe will make my one vote count, not just for me, but for the 2 little boys that I want this country to be just a little bit better for.











1 comment: