Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This is Me...4 Years Later

This was the very first blog post I wrote more than 4 years ago. I thought it would be fun to go back and see what has changed. My original thoughts from 4 years ago are first and my current thoughts are in the parentheses in bold.

This is me..Sassy.Silly.Spunky

This is me...I have a great love and appreciation of my family (Always will.)

This is me...My husband is the love of my life and gets me better than anybody else
(YES!)

This is me...My sisters are my best friends and I love hanging out with them (It has been so fun to watch both of them grow and change over the last 4 years. I'm so proud of the women they have become.)

This is me...My mom is always the first person I call with good/bad news (Umm...yeah probably will always be that way, but now I also call with  questions/cute stories about my kids.)

This is me...My dad is my hero (Still is! Love him.)

This is me...I have the greatest friends who have been there through thick and thin (I am so lucky. It has been so great to go through motherhood with some of my best friends. I'm lucky to have really amazing people in my life.)

This is me...My golden retriever is awesome and always makes me smile (OK, so I still think Skinner is awesome, but I also feel really bad for him. I wrote this post before I had kids, so he was like my kid. That has changed. But he still is the sweetest dog and my boys are so lucky to have him.)

This is me...I have the best childhood memories (Yes! And I want to make sure my kids do too!)

This is me... I will always have a special place in my heart for Simpson College (This is where I met my husband and some of my best friends.  I think my experiences there really shaped me into the person I am today, so I will always love that place. P.S.- Is it too early to start filling out applications for Drake and Charlie to go there?!? It is? Darn it!! )

This is me...I will always be a Southern Cal Mustang (My parents have moved away from my hometown, so my connection to this statement is not as strong as it was when I wrote this 4 years ago. However, I still am close with quite a few people from my hometown, so in some respects the statement is still true.)

This is me...My favorite place on earth is Hilton Head Island ( I do love it there. I have not been in about 5 years, so I'm a little overdue. I can't wait to share the specialness of this place with my boys someday!)

This is me...I can't live without Burt's Bees chapstick (Addicted. Do they have rehab for chapstick addiction? Because I probably need to go!)

This is me...If I never got to a Laundromat again it will be too soon (Win! I don't think I've been to one since I wrote this. You have no idea how happy this makes me.)

This is me...Tim McGraw and Cher will always be #1 in my book (Ummmm....not so much anymore. I still love Tim McGraw, but Cher?? Not so much. I listen to all sorts of music these days and don't really have a favorite artist. I am really digging Pink's new song though.)

This is me... Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Always)

This is me... I could eat Schwann's fish sticks every day (Kind of got burnt out on these during both of my pregnancies. I'm not really in love with any one food these days.)

This is me... My birthday is my favorite day of the year (This might be hard to believe, but it actually isn't anymore! I so look forward to my boy's birthdays and love planning their parties and seeing their little faces light up. So their birthdays are my new favorite days(s) of the year!)

This is me... I love to travel but have never found better people than here in Iowa (Yeah, Iowa people are good people)

This is me... I may live in the city but will always be a small town girl (So true. It breaks my heart a little to see Drake being all city-boy. I love where we live and don't want to move, but there is something special about growing up in a small town.)

This is me... I love my job but can't wait for the best job of all...being a mother (Being a Mom is a better job than any paying job I could ever have. Love it!)

This is me... My wedding day was the best day of my life (ONE of the best days of my life. The birthday of both my boys ranks right up there too!)

This is me... I have learned to love to exercise and it is my escape (A few months after Charlie was born, I started working out again. I don't hit up the gym as often as I did pre-kids, but I still love the feeling of a good workout.Not to mention I cherish the quiet time that accompanies a trip alone to the gym.)

This is me... There is nothing better than sitting on the deck with a cold beer on a hot summer day (I still love to do this, but never really have the chance. I would now say there is nothing better than a quiet night at home with Ben and the boys....oh, OK, a glass of wine thrown in there would be nice too. )

This is me...I love a good challenge (Yes, but Motherhood has fulfilled  that for me. One challenge after another.)

This is me... I am competitive especially in board games (Board games? What are those? Seriously I never have the time to play those anymore. Goal for this winter-play more board games.)

This is me...Father of the Bride and Coyote Ugly will always be at the top of my list (Still greatest movies of all time in my eyes. I feel like once you really love a movie, you probably always will.

This is me... I miss going to school and learning new things I even miss writing papers (<---  Really?!? I must have been crazy for writing that!!! That feeling is most definitely gone!)

This is me... I have big dreams that I believe will come true (I always have been a dreamer and probably always will be. I know when I wrote this I was referring to having kids. I wanted them so bad, but they were out of reach at the time. I have what I wanted most now, but there might still be a few other dreams I want to reach for. I think I might just keep those to myself for now ;) )

This is me... Sassy.Silly.Spunky

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post!! It is so neat to have something like our blogs so that we can look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not how believe how things are so very different yet still the same 4 years later! Your boys are so cute. I still read every time you post but I'm usually on my phone feeding a baby so comments seem to be a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete